Friday, February 20

Confessions of a not such a huge fan

Went to watch Confessions of a Shopaholic last night. I can’t say I was ever a fan so I wasn’t really excited. But since the fiancé and I are mad movie buffs we went ahead with the fluffy comedy. Movie nights are a tradition, (pirated dvds are for absolute B-movies or those that we’ve missed out due to some (they better be) very important reasons (hee)).

Admittedly, I was pleasantly surprised with the movie. I thought it would really suck big time but hey cute British guy (Hugh Darcy) in the lead, not bad. Not bad at all.

The story of course is brain fluff. Plenty of Gucci-Prada-YSL label dropping going on. And while the flow of the movie was expected, they did manage to pull it off. It came out as very warm and unpretentious. They probably know that they were going to be talking about shopping hence no need to treat it like they were curing brain cancer or anything. A lot of cheezy lines that made the gays beside us very kilig but overall the dialogues were something taken out of the series, I would imagine. Since the movie is about Shopaholics you should expect some crazy fab outfits here. True enough, there were a lot of stylish finds but just the same it's not as fashion forward as say the Sex and the City movie.

P.S. Isla Fisher has a voice that strange enough reminds me of Anna Farris. She sometimes looks like Mandy Moore but what preoccupied my mind the entire time looking at her on screen was the thought: "She’s married to Sasha Baron Cohen!?!? But she looks like she can be in her teens, or early twenties at the least! That lucky Borat!"

1 comment:

  1. For real? Sasha Baron Cohen is married? Wow, who thought that Bruno would get married...

    Hey, I was blog surfing yesterday as I saw a blogging site called yummy-cebu.com.... They were having a contest about who will win one day at sandtrap for free, all expenses going to yummy cebu.... Well, 2 bloggers were really close, cuz the competition is all about who has the ost likes, well, they started out as 8 likes and 7 likes.... 2 weeks later it became 29 and 29... and then until 38 38... and yesterday was the deadline.... at 6:00 pm it stopped... the LIKE WARZ which I watched with amusement ended at the international real time, 6:00 pm. sharp... and Dennies Siongco won, its on the site now... The standing was 63 to 60... and it was a well deserved prize for such an exciting battle.... My verdict, it's good to join yummy-cebu.com - if you write good blogs, well, see what happens? I'll give it a shot next time, maybe I'll end up having a agourmet dinner or a afun day in the swimming pool ,who knows what they're up to............. ;)

    ReplyDelete