Sunday, September 20

Let the downloading madness begins...

Ahhh I love September.  It's the time when my favorite TV shows come out of hiatus and the time when major networks release their new lineup.  And just like in a wedding, for this season, I have decided to watch something old and something new...

1. Gossip Girl



Ahh... I'm glad that last season they finally broke Serena and Dan apart. Not a huge fan of the coupling.  Their storyline had ran its course and I felt that the longer it dragged on, the more boring Dan Humphrey became.  So for the season 3 premiere I'm glad to note that there are a bunch of new faces that made the series' regulars seem a wee-bit interesting once again.  The former Privileged star is Nate's new girl toy.  Hope they give her an interesting story (family feuds and all).  Vanessa is seeing Dan's secret half-brother.  Plus Serena has this thing going on with Leighton's real life boyfriend's character. The Chuck and Blair storyline was a bit too incredulous for most real life couples, but hey it's television afterall.

2. The Vampire Diaries

One of the new shows I have downloaded. Looks promising.  Plus Boon from Lost plays evil sexy vamp exceedingly well.  I read in some review that TVD gave the CW network its biggest ever numbers for a premiere of a new show .  Right now staying tune, until it becomes too tween-sy for my taste.



3.  Melrose Place

Eww!  Insomnia can lead to very bad things, one of them being - downloading choices.  When you've watched most everything else you start to scrape the bottom of the barrel.  And this is exactly where the new Melrose Place show belongs. (Harsh!)  I soooo got bored from watching this.  They tried to put a murder mystery in the mix to make the show premiere exciting, but the characters and dialogues are just too bland.  I was trying hard to remember Melrose Place circa 1990's and I don't know if it's nostaligic idealism talking here, but I could have sworn it wasn't this bad!  2009 version isn't even remotely on the whole sexy TV radar, which MP was all about back then - sex, backstabbing and crazy-ass storylines.  So after one episode, and unless a sudden birage of good reviews for the next few ep's, I am officially saying bye bye to Melrose Place 2009 edition.

4. How I Met Your Mother

Barney Stinson.  Enough said! :)  I am such a huuugge fan of this show.  I love the fact that the characters are just in their late twenties (I was 13 when Friends came out - a whole decade of generation gap there) and that their pop culture references are so much more relatable.  I used to watch HIMYM when the season wraps so that it's one continuous sloth like marathon.  But I just can't wait now... I want to know how the whole Barney-Robin non-romance unfolds.


Can't wait for True Blood to come back.  Season 2 Finale was not as awesome as S1 but plenty of cliffhanger that makes this fan girl crave for more. NOW.

1 comment:

  1. Uhuh...

    Yeah...

    "gimmick-cebu.com" Looking for Nightlife and event hopping in Cebu? I TOTALLY recommend this site...

    it's awesomeness...

    ReplyDelete